Re: (ASCEND) Preventing multiple logins

At 11:45 PM 9/24/97 -0500, Dale Botkin wrote:
>OK, I just put in a feature request.  I know this has been discussed here
>to some degree, but I think I have a solution if we can get a feature
>added.

One potential solution (though it's not free):

The next version of Access Control contains
a feature called "radstated", a daemon that keeps track, via SNMP, of the
logins to each client and will be queried by RADIUS when a user profile
contains the Simultaneous-Use attribute in the check-items. For example,
if a user profile has Simultaneous-Use=2 when he dials in, Access
Control will ask radstated whether he has the maximum number (2) of active
sessions.  If he has 2 sessions, Access Control denies the authentication and
responds to the Max with an Access-Reject; if he has fewer than 2 sessions,
Access Control will respond to the Max with an Access-Accept.

Kevin