Re: (ASCEND) SNMP - ports keep moving

Actually I wouldn't expect that Ascend changes the whole call mimic in
such a way. This would be a total wraparound of large parts of the
software and may even introduce new bugs. What I expect instead is a
working and simple indexing mechanism in the vendor MIB which can lead
you directly to the assigned wanX interfaces. Together with some clean
up of information collected the wrong way (noticeable bandwidths) this
will be nearly as easy - f.i. you could have a profile group in the
vendor MIB where profiles are located at the same index at any time, and
the profile entry has a pointer to active session an ifIndex. Something
like that. Static interfaces and NAS bites each other. One could make
a static association to certain wanX for certain profile, but that's
harder than one might think (f.i. Nailed/Mpp profile that temporarily
switches over to a dial channel).

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |