Re: (ASCEND) FR_CIR encaps

At 06:06 PM 9/26/97 +0200, David Ponzone wrote:

>I need to know how to configure a FR PVC on a MAX, with the MAX
>as a FR switch (to connect a customer with FR).
>I guess I have to use the FR_CIR encaps, but I am not able to
>find any infos about this in the release notes (as usual with
>Ascend's docs...).

There is a large chapter on it in the manual.

>I wonder what is the use of the "Circuit" field in Encaps in the
>customer profile ?

Circuit

combined as a circuit, the two DLCI endpoints act as a tunnel-data received
on one DLCI bypasses the Ascend router and is sent out on the other DLCI.

A circuit is a permanent virtual circuit (PVC) segment that consists of two
DLCI end points and possibly two Frame Relay profiles. It requires two and
only two DLCI numbers: data is dropped if the circuit has only one DLCI and
if more than two are defined, only two are used. Circuits are defined in
two Connection profiles. Data coming in on the DLCI configured in the first
Connection profile is switched to the DLCI configured in the second one.

Usage: Specify a name for the circuit, up to 16 characters. The other
end-point of the PVC must specify the same name in its Circuit configuration.

Example: Circuit=circuit-1

Dependencies: This parameter applies only to FR_CIR-encapsulated calls.

Location: Ethernet>Connections>Encaps options

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com