(ASCEND) 5.1 when?

Does anyone know when 5.1 is actually supposed to appear.  I was rather
suprised to see 5.0ap27 pop up over the weekend as I assumed that efforts
were more focused on 5.1.

A lot of us braver/dummer types that were  happily enjoying the
incremental seriese are now stuck in the patches if we want good modem
code.  The problem is, I needed the Xmit-rate reporting that was in the
incrementals.  Now, to add salt to my wounds, I decided to have a look at
Navis Access.  Looks pretty cool and impresses my bosses (who aren't
impressed by text on a screen), but the Access watch part of it requires
Call Logging.  And, where is call logging to be found?  In the
incremental, of course.

It's my sincere hope that 5.1 will be out soon and that it will include
most if not all of the feature enhancements from the 5.0Ai seriese.  If
5.1 is still off on the horizon, then can't Ascend at least release a new
incremental with newest modem code in it?  I'm going to be pretty upset if
my 30 day trial of Navis Access expires before I ever get to show my
bosses Access Watch.  And, of course, they aren't going to shell out any
money to buy the software until they can see Access Watch.

So, I again ask everyone and anyone:  When is 5.1 going to be available,
and when will there be another 5.0Ai?

|                    Lee Nelson                      |
|                  lnelson@e-z.net                   |
|            http://www.e-z.net/~lnelson             |
|         System Administrator, E-Z.Net Inc.         |
|                  (360)260-1122                     |
|          209 NE 120th Ave. Suite B                 |
|               Vancouver, WA  98684                 |