Re: (ASCEND) NAT on P75 for 200 workstations (yeah, really...)

At 08:47 AM 9/30/97 -0500, ascend@digistar.com wrote:

>I've got a customer wanting to put 200 workstations online via a P75 and
>NAT.

Huh?

>Can I do this with a P75?

Isn't a 128K ISDN BRI line going to be a bit of a bottleneck ?

>What software (it's an "old" pipeline) should I use?

I use 5.0Ai16 - since it works, I've had no reason to upgrade yet.

>Can I use 10.100.x.x?

You should be able to use *any* of the "reserved" addresses....

>What does the RADIUS entry look like?

Like any individual account user you can even use dynamic-IP assignment
from the pools...

>Are there any special settings required on the MAX?

No.

>Are there any special settings other than setting NAT Routing=Yes

You have to point it to which profile in the connections list to use as
the NAT profile.

>What is NAT Profile ?

That's the name you give to the connection profile that will call the MAX
and "run" NAT.

Kevin