Re: (ASCEND) FTP problem - Please help

"Jason Maxwell" <jmaxwell@viconet.com> writes:

> Anyway, when I try to FTP to our local web server, everything goes very
> smooth until an ASCII data mode connection is attempted for /bin/ls.
> After that, nothing happens.  The connection comes up fine when I dial
> into an NT RAS server located on the same network.
>
> Do any of the support staff have ANY idea where I should start looking
> for an answer.   I have compared settings on similar systems and
> basically the only difference I see is software version numbers.
> +5.0Ap16+ vs. +5.0Ap1+ The Ap1 is the one that doesn't work.

I'd get a network analyser and start looking at the packets to
find out who is the guilty one. For example I have seen client
systems choke on maximum sized packets (older Trumpet stacks with
TCP MSS=1460). Depending on target or intermediate systems MTU
and/or MRU negotiations this eventually lead to symptoms similar
to yours.

--
Manfred Kwiatkowski, ZRZ (Zentraleinrichtung Rechenzentrum), Sekr.: EN 50,
Technische Universitaet Berlin, Einsteinufer 17, D-10587 Berlin, GERMANY.