(ASCEND) P50/5.0Ap33 corrupted NVRAM?

Greetings all,

I was presented with a misbehaving P50 story this morning (just to make
sure I realised it was Monday ;-).  My main concern is that 5.0Ap33 on
P50s has been _very_ good until this incident (even to the point of
qualifying as a Golden Release).

BACKGROUND:	Software 5.0Ap33
		Load: b.p50
		Options include SA F/W

This unit was upgraded from 4.x two weeks ago (due to persistent
crashes/lockups presumed to be due to a memory leak).

All was well until this weekend when it began passing no traffic (better
than passing all traffic!).

Investigations determined that with the Firewall profile disabled, traffic
flowed OK but with the F/W enabled no traffic flowed.  Resetting the p50
didn't help, nor did reloading the firewall from SAM.  However, executing
a NVRAMclear restored normality (implying that the NVRAM was corrupt?).

Anyone seen anything like this before?  Any suggestions as to avoiding a
recurrrence?

Thanks,
Neale.