Re: (ASCEND) (Ascend) TIPS needed for 4004 upgrade to 6.1.3

> I'm just about to perform my first upgrade on the 4004...
> I have seen the website instructions and I am building a step by step
> of what I think I'll need to do.

I have yet to have a problem upgrading when I followed the instructions,
but you should make sure you also make a step by step plan for what to
do if something goes wrong and that you have all the tools you need -

example:
  a laptop (with xmodem software and a known good software load)
  a serial cable (with appropriate connectors)
  a phillips head screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver, and a jumper
  a copy of the current MAX configuration