Re: (ASCEND) Preventing spaces in usernames.

> How do I prevent users logging in with Spaces in their usernames with
> Ascend radius.

Let me guess, you are using Solaris and a DEFAULT user with Password = "UNIX".
[It would be better if we did not have to guess - note to future ascend-users
 - try to include basic info on the environment where you are working.]

You have a number of choices -
choice 1 - Use a different operating system that does not accept spaces in
           the username of the getpwnam() system call.  This is a "feature"
           of System V based UNIX systems.
choice 2 - Do not use the DEFAULT user - explicitly list the users in the
           users file.  Using DEFAULT tells RADIUS to accept any name which
           is acceptable to the operating system.  Using explicit names will
           stop this.
choice 3 - Switch to a different RADIUS server.
choice 4 - Modify the source code to your version of Ascend RADIUS.
           Change the unix_pass() function in radiusd.c to do a strcmp of
           name and pwd->pw_name and return UNIX_GETPWNAME_ERR or a new
           error code if they do not compare equal.