(ASCEND) v90 slowdowns

I just upgraded our max 6000's to v90 ( and in turn 6.1.3 ) and some of our
users are reporting strange slowdown issues. It seems that most of them
using v90 either connect at around 45k/bps or about 50k/bps.

Now, the 45k/bps connections seem to work flawlessly and yield a very solid
throughput of about 5.5k/sec with very few errors or slowdowns. However, it
is reported that when a 50k/bps connection is established there are "long
pauses" between bursts of data transfer and that the overall effect is a
throughput of about 1k/sec less than the 45k/bps connections. Is this a
known issue or something others have experienced?

I have consistently been connecting at 45k/bps with absolutely no problems.
It might be noted however, that my testing is being done with win95 and the
people complaining of the slowdowns at 50k/bps are using win98...

Any thoughts would be super.