Re: (ASCEND) TACACS+

> what TACACS (for Linux) is the best for accounting on the MAX-4000?

I assume you mean TACACS+, since you said TACACS+ in the subject and you
mention accounting.

Why not use RADIUS?  RADIUS has much better support (in general) than TACACS+.
Is there some particular reason why you want to use TACACS+ for accounting?

I do not know if it runs on Linux, but you can pick up a version of TACACS+
from the Cisco Systems Engineering ftp site.

    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/tac_plus.3.0.12.alpha.tar.Z
    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/tac_plus.F4.0.2.alpha.tar.Z