(ASCEND) Max 4000 and BGP4 routing (fwd)

Once upon a time Mauricio Teixeira shaped the electrons to say...
>	Is there a way to make my Max 4000 support BGP4 routing?

No, this isn't going to happen.  They don't have enough RAM to do it, and
I'd question the processing power.

In this class the only units I know of that do BGP4 are the Lucent PM-3
and the Cisco AS5200/5300.

The MAX6000 may have the guts (I can't say) but does not have the code at
this time.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..