(ASCEND) P50 isdn dialout fails with code 31 (5.1Ap4)

After not using a slide-switched p50 for a while, I made the upgrade from
5.1A to 6.0.9.
It's no longer dialling out. Every dialout, even the loopback test is
cleared with the mysterious cause code 31.
So I went back to 5.1A and started loading the incremental patches starting
from 5.1Ap1. 5.1Ap2 works fine, the problem starts from 5.1Ap4 on. My
switch type is UK (Euro-ISDN) and there was some correction made in 5.1Ap4
concerning dialtone but this was for p75's and p25's only. Has anyone else
experienced this problem?

TIA,
Jens
jens@daniel.de