Re: (ASCEND) Nobody can see my QuakeWorld Server when I use Single IP Addr NAT

At 09:12 PM 8/9/98 , John Cain wrote:
>I have a Pipeline 75, and I use NAT and a dynamically assigned IP
>address from my ISP..
>
>When I set up a Quakeworld server on my PC, nobody can ping me, or see
>my server when I use single IP addr NAT.  If I use Multi IP addr NAT,
>everything works perfectly..  (QuakeWorld works with my ISP assigned
>IP address and then port 27500)..
>
>Why does this happen??  And how can I make it so folks can see my
>server when I use single IP addr NAT????
>
>Also, next week I will be getting a single fixed IP address from my
>ISP, will this make it easier for me to set up my Pipeline 75, so
>folks can ping me when I am using single IP addr NAT??

I'd trade in that one static IP and get a subnet of 2 or 6.   NAT isn't
going to do what you want.

Not, unless you get your ISP to do an exotic Multi-IP NAT setup, where your
quakeserver gets mapped the static IP and the rest of your boxes get mapped
dynamic IP's.  I don't even know if that's possible.

---
kevin

ISDN/Commercial Support Dept                 kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                         [Quake is law]