Re: (ASCEND) Nobody can see my QuakeWorld Server when I use Single IP Addr NAT

Hi gang.  I found an old NG message from months back, and it was a guy
who had this problem and licked it.  I did what he suggested and it
worked perfectly..

The answer was to set up a static port map to 27500 for QuakeWorld and
27910 for Quake 2.  (UDP)

Now I can run single IP NAT and my buddies can find and play on my
server, in fact we just finished a game..

Hope this helps some other folks with this same problem.

--  John

cain57@yahoo.com

---Gavin Cato <gavinc@geko.net.au> wrote:

> I don't have any experience with running a quake server under NAT
but I
> remember John Carmack and Zoid changing some things in one of the
quakeworld
> releases so it would work better with NAT - so it appears that other
people
> would have at some stage.

Single
> IP Addr NAT
>

> >You are probably out of luck with the quake server and NAT.  UDP (I'm
> >relatively sure that is what quake uses) doesn't seem to work with
> >Ascend's NAT.
> >
> >--
> >William Charnock
> >System Administrator
> >FastLane Internet Services
> >(817)-429-5263
> >
> >On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, John Cain wrote:
> >
> >> I have a Pipeline 75, and I use NAT and a dynamically assigned IP
> >> address from my ISP..
> >>
> >> When I set up a Quakeworld server on my PC, nobody can ping me,
or see
> >> my server when I use single IP addr NAT.  If I use Multi IP addr
NAT,