Re: (ASCEND) OSPF question

> I have a couple Max 6000s that are running OSPF and routing static subnets.
>  Ideally I'd like to be able to summarize some of these at the Cisco which
> is the border router.  Is there a way I can generate and internal route
> announcement from the Ascends with ASBR left on?  Thanks,

Remember that OSPF deals with link states, not 'routes' per se, so it
would still have to transmit all the link states.

You can only summarize OSPF routes at area boundaries. If your Cisco
router has interfaces in other OSPF areas, then you can summarize the
routes that come from the area shared by the Max and the Cisco so that
the Cisco will send summaries into other areas. You need to do that on
the Cisco.

-Phil