Re: (ASCEND) stacking

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Mark Brody wrote:

> We have had a Max 2024 since February that has 1 PRI with one phone number
> for ISDN and analog calls. My plan is to add a 4048 with a Channelized T1.
> I don't want to change my analog users' dialup number. My goal is to use
> the 2024 with the PRI for ISDN and the CT1 on the 4048 for modem calls.
>
> Is it possible to still use the same number? How does this work?

Depends on your telco and if they'll allow you to do this.  We have PRI
provisioned for data and PRI for voice, but in the same hunt group so that
you can dial the same number, but will be routed to the appropriate NAS to
take the call.  Your best bet is to talk to your telco.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
"Backhoes never sleep." - Patrick Greenwell