Re: (ASCEND) MAX6000's - Can they handle 4 PRI's ?

We replaced our 2 4000s with 2 6000s each with 4 PRIs and have seen a
definite improvement. We have had them hit peaks of 75 to 85 users.
We haven't had enough ISDN users to drive the session count up to 94
theoretical max (not 96).

We still appear to have an ongoing problem from time to time with
authentication to Defender security servers but other than that we have
been happy and relieved with the decision.

Of course if Ascend made it possible to retrieve CPU% I could give you a
better idea of performance boost. :(

A word of warning ... play around with the 6000 first to make sure you're
comfortable with modified code load and config changes.

Regards Noel

Noel C Johnston
EMail:		noel@yobbo.com
Telephone:	1-925-675 3050 (Work)	1-925-672 4633 (Home)
Network Consultant	San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA