Re (ASCEND) Clocking question

- - How does a MAX handle the transmission timing on multiple T1's,
assuming
that all of them are set to Clock Source=Yes?  Does it keep the timing
of
the T1's independent of each other, or does it use the 1st T1 that has
Clock Source=Yes to synchronize *all* T1's in the box?  The former would

make more sense, but the latter would explain why one T1 having clocking

issues screwed up all 4.  (Yes, I know it's a bad idea to put 4 T1's in
4000, but it wasn't my decision, and there's only 3 in there now :)
Neither the reference manual nor the ISP configuration guide are very
clear on this...

The MAX T1 lines marked as Clock=Yes are in a logical pool. As the MAX
initializes, it selectes the first T1/PRI ckt in the pool available for
clockiing and
uses that link as the master clock source. ASSUMING that all the T1
links are
based on Statum-1, there should be no clock drift between ckts. If there
is
a drift between clock sources you would then see a cyclical link outage,
or
a pattern of errors on the line that has the bad clock. If the link with
bad
clock had been chosen as the MAX source, then the other three links
would
likely all show errors.
Unless the MAX has changed you do not see which is the clock source, but

if you suspect a link you could down it, which would force the MAX to
not
use it in the clock pool.
begin:vcard
n:Tebault ;Hugh