(ASCEND) Nailed T1/P130

I am trying to get a Nailed T1 connection between two Pipeline 130's to
stay connected.

One is on 5.0B and the other is on 5.1Ap9 [both were on 5.0B at some
point].  When there are two people one both ends of it and we reset the
boxes, the line goes up and stays up until something causes the
connection to be cut off and then it can never made to go up again
unless we reset them on both ends as before.  The status will say
connected but the lan session never goes up and then disconnects and
keeps trying to connect unsuccessfully for a few hours then just stops
even trying until I reboot.  But then is still of course never
reestablishes the connection until we reboot from both ends at approx
the same time.  By the way CARRIER is the status.

I never have this kind of problem when one side of the connection is a
Cisco250x connected via Kentrox CSU.  Is there something wrong with the
CSU's on the P130's?

Thanks.

Brian Woods
bw@hub.ofthe.net