Re: (ASCEND) Radius question

> I'm trying to use the Ascend modified copy of radius from
> ftp.ascend.com (radius-971222) so that I can get the special Ascend
> fields (in particular Ascend-Disconnect-Cause)

Your should not need to run an Ascend modified copy of RADIUS if this is
all you need.   You just need to update the dictionary for your current
RADIUS server.

> ... I don't know how to let the ascend modified radius daemon know that
> I want to authenticate using the system password file; previously it was
> Auth-Type=System, but I can't find an equivalent.

Use Password = "UNIX" in the first line.

For an example of this and many others, you can check the users.example
file that comes with Ascend RADIUS.

#       This profile uses the UNIX password file so the password
#       does not have to be stored locally.
#
ascend2 Password = "UNIX"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,