(ASCEND) Out the window

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Jason Nealis <nealis@babylon.erols.com>
> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:20:46 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) TNT improvements
>
>  Postive Notes on Ascend Engineering:
>
> 1800's
> - ------
>
>  I was just about ready to toss every 1800 I had out the window as many
> of you know just a couple of months ago, But once engineering got the
> resources to focus on the problems that we were seeing, this two has
> become a very stable platform to terminate my Centrex traffic. Many
> thanks to Lynn Ally and Vikki Rehn in engineering for getting the 4004's
> and 1800's rock stable. (Though Vikki's group still owe's me a case of
> brew on a bet I won :)

After enduring problems with refused connections, inability to sync on
BRI lines, and refusal to restart without power recycling after a reboot,
we upgraded to 5.0Ap36.  That fixed the problem with refused connections,
but appears to have introduced a new problem (big surprise) where routes
disappear for no reason and the connection refuses to pass traffic.  We
also see severe packet loss on some connections for no apparent reason.
5.0Ap42 has not helped either of these issues.  It appears that the
rebooting problem has improved (though the BRI's still don't always
sync).

Now that they're finished with yours, maybe they can work on my problems.

Mike Berger
Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.