Re: (ASCEND) Max TNT MPP question

At 09:14 AM 2/2/98 -0500, Jim Howard wrote:

>>>    Matt> It's not the speeds of the circuit, rather the number of MP
>>>    Matt> endpoints or channels. If you have dry copper between the
>>>    Matt> sites, why not try SDSL? We are adding a feature which will
>>>    Matt> allow you to do MP between two SDSL lines.
>
>Adding? our sales rep had led me to believe that
>this was already possible with a DSL-TNT and a 2-port SDSL pipe,
>is that not the case? we were looking at a mid-march installation.

I'm really not sure what the current status is. If it isn't in 1.3, it
should be in 2.0 which should be out soon.

>>>Great, but still, no one has answered my question.  Can I combine two
>>>ports on the unchannelized, 10-port card on the TNT with MP, creating
>>>a 3 Mb/s link?
>
>>Sorry, I don't believe that is possible now. This is the first request I've
>>seen for it. If it's truly important to you, please submit a feature
>>request through your Ascend salesperson.
>
>If it will be possible for an SDSL link,
>then why not for any other high speed link?
>I will certainly let our rep know...

MP isn't automatic. We have to write a lot of code to make it happen. We
won't do that unless someone asks us to and as I said earlier, I haven't
seen this request before.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com