Re: (ASCEND) TNT & Digital Calls...

Todd A. Blank wrote:

> I am new to the list, so if I break any list "rules" or etiquette, flame
> me and I will make sure it doesn't happen again.
>
> I have a TNT running 1.3Ap28.  I have pasted the Shelf Configuration
> below:
>
> Shelf 1 ( standalone ):
>     { shelf-1 slot-1 0 }       UP       t3-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-2 0 }       UP       192hdlc-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-3 0 }       UP       48modem-56k-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-4 }         OCCUPIED
>     { shelf-1 slot-5 0 }       UP       48modem-56k-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-6 }         OCCUPIED
>     { shelf-1 slot-7 0 }       UP       48modem-56k-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-8 }         OCCUPIED
>     { shelf-1 slot-9 0 }       UP       48modem-56k-card
>     { shelf-1 slot-10 }        OCCUPIED
>     { shelf-1 slot-11 0 }      UP       8t1-card
>
> I tried to upgrade to 2.1.0, but experienced entire PRIs dropping,
> disappearing D-Channels, leaky IP pools, and digital call failures.  I
> regressed (the TNT - not me) back to 1.3Ap28, and stability "seemed" to
> return :-)  At this time, I was running 6 PRIs over the CT3 card in slot
> 1.  I also have a nailed T1 over the 8t1 card in slot 11 that serves as
> a backhaul connection to my NAP.  There is nothing connected to the
> Ethernet of the shelf controller.
>
> Then I added 3 additional PRIs for a total of 9 PRIs.  It seems that
> when we get about 7 PRIs of traffic, digital callers have trouble
> getting routes.  I can see their route when I do a netstat -rn or ifmgr
> -d, and I can see their connection in the connection list or with the
> user command, but I can't ping them, and they can't go anywhere.  Analog
> users do not seem to have any issues, except that they would like us to
> support v.90 (but that's a story for another day).
>
> I have had ticket #247319 open with TAC since Monday, June 22nd.  They
> have been helpful, but still have not solved the problem.  We have tried
> clearing NVRAM and reconfiguring the original TNT, adding 32mb of RAM,
> and replacing the shelf and shelf controller.
>
> Just thought I would check and see if anyone had experienced anything
> similar.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd A. Blank
>
> Columbus NAP, Inc.
> todd@thenap.com
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

we had this problem when there was more then 100 users on one hdlc card,
as you know the limit is 128 (not 192).
ascend told us that for best performance we should use only 60 max. 90.
so we add hdlc cards and limit each for 96 users with call-route profile.
you must look when it happens how many channels in use at the hdlc card.
in addition get into the hdlc card and write pools -v if the available
memory
is below 600k there will be problems, so you must reset the hdlc card once
in
a while to free some memory.
begin:          vcard
fn:             Assaf Homsky
n:              Homsky;Assaf
org:            koor comunication
adr:            modin 8 st.;;;LOD;;;ISRAEL
email;internet: asih@isdn.net.il
title:          technical support
tel;work:       972-8-9134843
tel;fax:        972-8-9134869