Re: (ASCEND) Erase P50?

 The procedures on my list are a little out of date, here is something
that should help you I'll be reposting this on the FAQ, Remember you
are responsible for this and opening up the pipeline may void
warranty and lalalala disclaimer here, Can't sue me etc.. :)

P50/75-Rev 1
Set communication s/w to 57,600, N81
Power off the Pipeline and disconnect to the PC
Short Jumper P9 close to th big chip
     If P9 not found, try P6 next to chip
     Use P5 on the P50 Switch 56
Reconnect to the PC
Power on the unit & be patient
You'll eventually get the following prompt:
PIPE50>
Type in EF to Erase Flash
Type in DF to Download to Flash
Display: CKCKCKCK
Upload the software using 1K X-modem

P50/75-Rev 2
Set communication s/w to 57,600, N81
Power off the Pipeline and disconnect to the PC
Short Jumper P1 close to LED lights
Reconnect to the PC
Power on the unit & be patient
You'll eventually get the following prompt:
PIPE50>
Type in EF to Erase Flash
Type in DF to Download to Flash
Display: CKCKCKCK
Upload the software using 1K X-modem

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)