Re: (ASCEND) Radius (fwd)

On 1998-07-01T11:08:55,
   MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org> said:

> RABM itself would probably run on Linux, but the database connectivity piece
> isn't there for Linux yet.  You'd have to run the DB on another machine.
> In time it will come.

> Radiator is a more recent addition which also uses this SNMP double-check,
> and has a lot of features.  And I understand that IEA's RadiusNT does it in
> the latest release.

You should have a look at Radiator, http://www.open.com.au/. Radiator
scales. To any DB you might care.

We are currently in the process of migrating from the Ascend radiusd with a
flat file/lots of hacks to a Radiator/SQL backend setup. So far, I have been
more than pleased.

> The other issue is multiple servers.  If you have a primary and a secondary,
> or MORE, what it START and STOP go to different locations?  This becomes a
> distributed database problem.

If you throw both at the same database, it is no problem. They include the
session ID which allows you to sync the databases. No point in running a
backup radiusd with just one database backend, if this fails both will crash
;-)

Sincerely,
     Lars

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée  :homepage email: \ geek, BOFH, psychopath, magician, /
 http://teuto.net/~lmb/ lmb@teuto.net \ killer, looney, genius, pervert /