Re: (ASCEND) 56k Hayes Accura into Max 40xx ??

>> But you are not running V.90 codes (ie 6.1.0-6.1.3).  We were connecting
>fine
>> before the upgrade as well.
>

>Is the 52,000bps(I hope the 52.000bps was a typo) from your Windows DUN, or
as

No typo at all. Although USA is the "center" of the world, here in Brasil we
use "," for decimal, and "." for thousands. ;-)
(I guess itīs SI standard, too. We use ALL SI standards)

>reported on your MAX??  If I am not wrong, Windows DUN tends to report the
>speed between your modem and the computer, not the actual bps modem is
>connected at.

Itīs not DUN "tending" to report... DUN just shows a string it receives from
the modem. IF the modem reports DCE-DTE speed, then we get those amazing
"115.200"... :-)
But when the modem manufacturer wants to be honest, it makes default to show
the CARRIER speed, then you have "Connected at 50.000", or 33600, and so. In
january, I played with a Motorola VoiceSURFR 56K, that showed 115.200, until
I upgraded it (not to V.90, just a newer K56Flex). Then it started to report
K56Flex speeds in DUN window.
Surely, there's some AT command to set it on any modem.

Regards,

Ricardo Freire

All Ways Digital Provider
Salvador/BA - Brasil