Re: (ASCEND) NAT... E-mail

Hi David,

The SMTP server is likely sending an Ident request.  You can redirect the
incoming ident to a server that can reply to the request or ask the SMTP
administrator to deactivate the Ident (not likely if the SMTP server
belongs to an ISP) or live with the delay (ouch).  An overkill solution
would be an internal server the accepts the mail and then delivers the
mail...there is still the delay but the delay is not uncomfortable for a
mail server as it is for a user.

The 5.1Ap9 seems to be very good as far as NAT, filtering, and/or SAF
goes...

--ron