(ASCEND) BUG in NAT?

In our company we have a central netscape server for an automatic
proxyconfiguration for all Netscapeclients.
This works from any remote site. It works on clients, connected directly
to a Max. It works with every client operating system.
When I use a pipeline with NAT (Even the latest 6.0 Release),
the proxyserver is contacted and also it replys immediately, as tcpdump
shows me. Because the Netscapebrowser does not show any reaction in the
next up to 40(!) seconds, I thought, there might be a fault in the
Natcode, so that the answer from the configserver is not tranlated
correctly.

Has anyone on the list had the same problem?
May I have an configuration problem? All the other stuff works great
with the pipeline.

Norbert Wegener