(ASCEND) 6.1.7 Woes (more)

I think I may have figured out what part of my problem is with our
malfunctioning MAX...  One of its modem cards was often failing to be
initialized properly and was not showing up on the main menu (Actually it
said "Not Avail" which is wierd b/c when I removed the card it said
"Empty").

When the card was initializing properly it was often generating POST
failures.

I have removed the card from the MAX and disabled a PRI (since we only
have 40 modems in there) to compensate and things have been going quite a
bit better.

If only I could just disable a few channels of that second PRI rather than
the whole thing my life would be so much easier.  (Setting some of the
channels to "Unused" doesn't work- the channels will still take incoming
calls.  Setting some of them to "Nailed" works, but when the call volume
gets up to that point it just starts generating fast busies)

I guess I'll see if I can RMA the card...

Nevertheless we're still having the usual round of problems, just not as
frequently since this troublesome one has been taken care of...