(ASCEND) Max 4000 serial Wan : RS449 and V11

I want to connect the serial Wan of a Max 4000 to a V11 interface  (leased line modem) with an X21 connector (female DB15)
I got information stating that RS449 and V11 are equivalent
But when I read the Ascend Max manuals :
  - Ascend says : you can connect the serial host interface to RS449,V35,X21
                          you can connect the serial wan interface to V35, V449/V442
 - There is no description of a cable betwwen the serial Wan port and X21 (DB15 connector)

(the leased line speed is 128Kbps and french telco FT says they doesn't use V35 for speeds higher than 64Kbps, this
 is the reason why I need a V11 interface)

I am turning crazy with all these DB,V,X and RS things

My question : has anybody in this list connected the serial Wan of a Max 4000 to a V11 DCE device ?
                     what should the V11 cable pineouts ?

Thank you for your help

Gérard Cany
Symphonie - MNet