Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Max 4048 users are having some kind of routing problem

I really don't know if it's a routing problem or what, but it seems that one
of my 'maxens' is causing a problem.  I have had several dialup customers
report the same problem and each one of them was on this particular 4048.

They can be connected for 1 minute, or 12 hours, and all of a sudden they
can go nowhere.  Their ping goes to 500 seconds!  seriously.  The connection
is solid as far as phone lines go, but no packets can get sent to them.  I
can tell when they are trying to send out something but nothing can get back
to them.

I have checked and I have this one configured just like my other 7 4048's
but the problem only occurs on this one.  When it happens it only affects
that one person.  The other 45 people on it are working fine.

Any clue what I can look for?

Mark Foreman
mforeman@pnx.com
Public NetXchange