Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) I give up

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Charlie Taylor wrote:

> There used to be a pretty easy to find web page
> on ascend's site with the BRI provisioning
> parameters for a pipeline.  I've looked and
> looked and come up empty.
>
> Can someone point me to it or anything else
> with the same info?

You'll need to call Ascend's 1-800 number and go to tech support, wait 3.5
hrs on hold and memorize the 1-900 number.  Then go to this number, talk to
some techmonkey (baboon?  Hard to tell these days..) and get a URL search
decryptor HASH code.  It's only $799.99.

Honestly tho, Ascend needs to make getting at this info easier, the search
functions often turn up old information that is out of date (I had a
technician tell me that the quick reference info I pulled up on the search
site was old and confusing and they were thinking about taking it out
because it had errors...!?)

The lowdown: Ascend tech support is total shit.  I'm still waiting to get a
fricking RMA number from them after calling them Monday morning.  How long
does it take to generate a goddamn RMA number?

(Views are strictly mine, altho a few employees echo my opinions, as well as
some friends, family members and my psychiatrist who is helping my thru my
insanity in the Recovering from Ascend Tech Support Disasters program, I'll
mail you details on the program if you're interested)