Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Max 6000

We're in the process of purchasing a rival ISP and we will need to greatly
expand our number of dialup ports, to the tune of 9 PRIs.

We like the Ascend MAX family, and would like to go with the 6000's.
However, I really would like to hear people's experiences with this unit,
specifically with regards to how it handles when there are 92 sessions
going (I'm not a fan of NFAS), while running OSPF and stacking.

I'd love to be able to run it in this configuration, but I'm afraid that
instead of purchasing 3 6096's (and having 3 free PRI ports on the last
max), I should buy 1 6096, 2 6048s, and 3 8-port modem cards (thus
allowing me to redistribute the cards such that each box had 72 ports in
it.) I _know_ it will handle 72 concurrent sessions, but will it handle
92?

Thanks in advance,
Andy