Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) Shadowed password aging and RADIUS

Hi all,

I already sent this question to ascend support guys but they just told me
that password expiration matters only for passwords in 'users' flat file.

I use a MAX TNT box and Solaris 2.5.1 running radius for authentication,
/etc/radiusd: RADIUS version 1.16 (plus Ascend extensions) 97/02/24
BINARY_FILTERS ASCEND_SECRET ASCEND_LOGOUT sun SOLARIS with iPass libraries.

I was wondering if shadowed passwords aging/expiration was taken into account
by radius for authentication since my tests have proved that users whose
passwords had already expired for the unix system (Sol251) are rejected by the
system but are authenticated by radius, i want to prevent that from happening!

Of course i am only speaking of users who i.e. have the profile
DEFAULT Password = "UNIX" and thus rely upon Solaris' shadowed
passwords for authentication.

I have sources & libs for this ascend radius and all i require might be
maybe some patch i could apply and recompile there after a new radius.

I'll be so grateful to anyone willing to tip me on this,

Enrique-