Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4K - v6.0.0 RIP Route Summarisation NOT

> I just been Sniffing a user problem and have noticed that even though I
> have RIP Summary=Yes, it isn't doing it and is publishing all routes
> defined to the box (not the pools but the connection profiles)
>
> Plus a whole lot of other routes that it has picked up from our router
> but with the metric set to 16

I have a feeling you're not using "RIP Summary" for its intended purpose.

"RIP Summary=Yes" makes the Max behave classfully, I think, which is
almost always a Bad Thing.

It does _not_ prevent route announcements from going out any particular
interface. There isn't a way to do that on the Max except to turn them
off completely.

-Phil