Re: (ASCEND) Software compression ?? (fwd)

Andre Beck wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 1998 at 12:55:43PM +0300, Vesa Halkka wrote:
> >
> > > Seriously, the Ascends are doing LZS in hardware using the appropriate
> > > Hi/Fn (Stac) chips. The Win95 DUN implementation is pure software, so
> > > they call it "software compression".

(Slightly different discussion) The Win NT implementation of MS-Stac is
different to that of Win 95. I have customer unable to negotiate MS-Stac
compression through NT to the Ascend Max (with MS-Stac set in the
customers RADIUS profile). I guess either Microsoft change the NT
implementation or Ascend *could* implement an NT version ;-).

Regards

Claire
begin:          vcard
fn:             Claire Bradford