(ASCEND) (rant) brain damage?

Not a big deal or anything, but I did experience some unnecessary grief
over this (we installed our equipment before the telco was able to turn up
the pipes on our new PRI at a remote POP).  So, what I'd like to know, is
which party seems to be suffering from brain damage?

1) Ascend.  They sent 4 patch cables with our new 6096, they used the
right pins, but they got the xmit and recv crossed in the middle.

2) Bell Atlantic.  Every PRI and T1 we have is wired identical, requiring
a straight through patch cable.

3) Me.  I blindly trusted that the cables included with the 6096 were of
the correct configuration to haul our PRI from the smartjack to the Max.
I know I should have checked, but hey..  Ascend supposedly has quite a
bit of experience in this arena, and I didn't expect them to send me 4
crossover T1 patch cables to use with our new Max.

laterz,

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services