(ASCEND) another annoying mib question

I've been trying to get the the version of cmu-snmp that comes with
redhat linux 5.1 (cmu-snmp for Linux, v3.5) to work with my max, and
I'm having trouble with the MIB file.

I searched for old posts on this question, and found one that
suggested I take all of the MIB files from ascend, glue them together,
and try to use that.  Unfortunately the snmp tools are complaining
about syntax errors.  I've tried to fix them, without a lot of luck.

The same post explained that different versions of cmu-snmp have
differences in their understanding of the MIB syntax, and that those
differences make it difficult to distribute MIB files that will work
for everyone.

But I was wondering if anyone running linux would be willing to share
their MIB file, or an outline of how they built it, along with the
version of the cmu-snmp tools that they're using.

Thanks...