Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Idle time in Ascend MIB ?

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, James Taylor wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I need to get a list of the current idle time for each user dialed into
> an Ascend Max 4000.  I have read through the Ascend MIB's hoping that
> there would be an easy snmpget I could do for each connection but I
> have not been able to find this value anywhere... :(
>
> Does anyone have any idea where to find it?

	You would think that it would be in the callStatusGroup
(.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.9), but it's not there.  I have looked for this one as
well, and although the idle time is available by running commands in the
unit it's missing from the mib (i.e. not available via SNMP).

	The ascend units with recent software have a snapshot feature that
is used by NavAccess to get that type of information.  You basically do an
snmpput to callLoggingAssStatus (see the call_log.mib) and this causes a
radius accounting dump of all the current connections.  A specially
modified radius server would be required to accept the accounting packets
and perhaps put them in a SQL database.  Then idle time would be had for
each user (along with a lot of other good values) any time you wanted it.

	Except for using an expect script to telnet in, that's the only
way that I can think of to obtain that data or any other data that's
not in SNMP but is in radius before then end of the call.

				Mike Jackson
				TSCNet