Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Max 2000, 7.0.4, Call Refused

Back in the 5.0 days, setting CLID=Prefer would behave as you mentioned
below, but it was not the right behaviour according to the manuals.
It's supposed to mean that if a caller Id is detected, then to
authenticate the user using the caller Id info.  If the caller Id is
wrong, then the user will get rejected.  Now in 7.0.x, it's been changed
to reflect what the manual says.  If you want it to do what you have
been doing before, make this change:

Ethernet->Answer->Id Auth=First

This should fix it.

> > Now if a call comes in with a call-id and the radius users file
> > knows this call-id, the call is authenticated as expected.  But if
> > a call comes in with an unknown call-id, the call is immediately
> > rejected (call refused) and the caller is not given the
> > opportunity to authenticate with pap/chap.  Only if the call has
> > no call-id is pap/chap allowed.
>
> > Under Ethernet/Answer these are set:
> >     Use Answer as Default=Yes
> >     Profile Reqd=Yes
> >     Id Auth=Prefer
>
> Are you using radius? You may need to set up another radius profile.

Yes - the same radius as before the sw upgrade.  Customers with fixed
routers and 2-way network routes have 2 entries (custname-out and the
call-id phone number) and don't do pap/chap in addition to call-id
auth.  Customers with single dynamically assigned ip typically have
a single username/password (pap/chap) entry.

I've been adding phone number (call-id) entries for those users that
I can figure out what number they used to phone in on, but this isn't
the solution.  We need to be able to have call-id auth working along
with pap/chap (with or without a known call-id).  Roaming users may
be dialing in from any random number.

Cheers,
Ray