Re: making maps

> The crossfire man page is pretty vague about how to make maps and levels.  Can
> somebody tell me how to set the text shown when a small button is stepped on?
> What if I want to make new archetypes?

That text is the name of the object.  You can change the name by clicking
on the object with the middle mouse button and then clicking on the
place in the rightmost window where the name is displayed.  You can then
type in a new name, followed by <return>.

Making a new archetype should be fairly trivial.  But suggested reading
before doing so should be the original archetype-file.  I haven't made
any docs on the different variables that can be used, but most should be
self-explanatory.
Among those who aren't:
To find what value you should use after the "protected" (half damage),
"vulnerable" (double damage) or "immune" (no damage) in an object,
type "grep AT_ define.h" to list the different attack-methods.
You can add any of those numbers to get a combination that suits you.
Oh yes...those numbers are written in hex, but the archetype file
only understands (or will only understand in the future) base 10 numbers.

Experiment, and feel free to ask for an explanation of some variables
if you are uncurtain.

-Frank.