More Crossfire ideas

  Something I forgot in my other piece of mail was rumours. I think rumours are
something we really need for the Fantasy RPG adventure type feel. The idea is
this: each map has a number of rumours associated with it and each one has a
value. Some of the rumours are true, some are partly true and some are false.

  Now we add a new special floor type, the tavern floor. On this floor type, if
you drop some money, you are told a random rumour from one of the maps of
approximately the value you dropped.

  Thus 5 silver pieces may get you:
 "There are ogres in the goblin camp"

  While 90 gold pieces tells you:
 "Mjoellnir can be found at the top of Castle Ragnarok, but you will need
the key from the Cave of Fenris to reach it."

-Rupert
--
Rupert G. Goldie                                             rgg@aaii.oz.au
Australian AI Institute