Random thoughts

I did not like the LOS option, and turned it off immediately.  I didn't
go anywhere but the old mansion, but that was enough.  I did not like the
big black squares that indicated that I couldn't see, and the areas I had
already looked at blacked out when I moved away.  This means I either need
to do much more elaborate mapping or more re-exploration (What was over here?
Oh, yeah, nothing.).  Maybe as more maps are designed keeping LOS in mind,
it'll be more playable, but as it stands now, it's off.

I don't like the fact that you can't try out weapons of armor in stores
without actually paying for it.  (It may hold true for all items in stores,
but I only looked at these two.)  I don't think it's unreasonable to try
out weapons in a store, and say "Hmmm, this morningstar will do the same
amount of damage as a broadsword, but is much more awkward to handle."  Since
I can't leave the store without paying for it anyway, what harm is there
in my knowing what sort of performance I can expect?

What the heck to those heavy clocks *do*, anyway??

The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when
to cringe.
Joe Hartley          | jh@cadre.com  -  Whenever you find that you are on the
Cadre Technologies   | side of the majority, it is time to reform. - M. Twain
Providence, RI 02903 | Overman 1st Class - the Kilgore Trout Memorial Clench
(401) 351-5950 x266  |            of the Church of the SubGenius