Re: MOre suggestions from players here

> It seems that players eat more as they get up to higher levels.
> This doesn't intuitively make sense to any of the playtesters here so
> I figured I would find out the rational behind it.

Actually the level doesn't have anything to do with it.

How fast a player regenerates hitpoints depends on his max-hp.
Each time a player *could* have generated a hit-point, one food
is consumed.  In addition, each time a player *does* generate a
hit-point, another food is consumed.  For spell-points, food
is only consumed when the player does generate one point.

All this is modified by things like ring of regeneration and ring
of slow digestion.  Spellpoint regeneration is modified by
how heavy armour the player wears (and ring of regenerate
spellpoints).

The problem with this method is that compared with real life, it is very
unlikely that a tenth level player should have ten times the max-hp of
a first level.  Thus it should probably be fixed somehow.
Food consumption should still be dependent on max-hp though.

By the way, we have reworked the weapon-speed routines (so that they
*work*).  It is now unlikely to encounter a weak mage wielding much
more than a dagger or a quarterstaff...  The formula incorporates
things like weapon-weight, weapon-speed, strength, dex, etc.

-Frank.