suggestions (fwd)

A few comments from a local player here:

----------------------------begin message---------------------------
1. Bank (suggestion)

I've lost quite a few items tonight because of game crashes.  It's all very
well for a crashing server to emergency-save the characters themselves, but
that means you cannot stockpile items in the town (like food, or anything)
without risking losing them.  You can, clearly, give them to another
character whose purpose in life is to hold them, and you can put that
character to sleep so that it doesn't use food -- so the functionality
I suggest is there already; but it's clumsy.  What I would like to see
on the top level is a Bank, perhaps similar to a shop, where you can
deposit stuff you don't want to carry (especially if you are a wizard
with Strength 8!) but NOT lose it if the game crashes.  It would be
neat if it remembered what stuff belonged to what character and
only let you take out the stuff you yourself had put in.  I think
it would be OK to work off character name for that.

2. Magic mapping spell (annoying)

If magic mapping is going to cost 15 spell points it should damn well do
something useful!  I want it to show where you can break the walls, and
show doors/gates in contrasting colour/bitmap.  And damn well show
teleporters.  Etc.

3. Wearing items in shops (bug)

It's ridiculous that you can't "try on" items in shops (armour, rings, etc.)
and see what they do to your (e.g.) speed before you buy them.  Since the
shops cannot be subverted anyway, and since there don't seem to be cursed
items (you can always take them off again), there would seem to be no
logical reason for the restriction.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff Bailey (Fred the Wonder Worm)   |   Programmer by trade --
ftww@cs.su.oz.au                      |       Gameplayer by vocation.