crossfire bandwidth

 I just tried a little experiment with my linux notebook which is connected
to my workstation over a serial line at 19200 bps + compression. I ran crossfire
on my workstation and displayed it on my notebook. It is totally playable
with no noticeable slowness, even with a screen full of monsters and spells.
As an aside, it is actually faster to run crossfire on the workstation and
display it on my notebook than to run it on the notebook.
 So I don't think we have a problem with network bandwidth for crossfire.
Latency is another issue entirely, but there just ain't much you can do about
it if you want interactive performance 8-(

Rupert
--
Rupert G. Goldie, Research Scientist                rgg@aaii.oz.au
Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute