OK, Crossfire v0.88.4 is here

The files are "crossfire-0.88.4.tar.Z", "crossfire-0.88.4.maps.tar.Z" and
"crossfire-0.88.3-0.88.4-diff.Z".
The place is as usual anonymous ftp to ftp.ifi.uio.no in the directory
"/pub/crossfire".

I've removed "crossfire.snf" and "crossfire.bdf" since they're generated
by "make install" anyway.  If anyone has problems with this, please
let me know as soon as possible.

The patch was generated with the "makepatch" perl-script which was
recently posted in "alt.sources"...I hope it's OK.  I've noticed that
the files it patches in the subdirectories are placed in the current
directory as usual, so you'll have to move all the bitmaps to the
bitmap-directory after applying the patch.  (Of course, it's always
easier to just get "crossfire-0.88.4.tar.Z" instead...)

This version includes many incoming patches, including those from
joergens@pvv.unit.no, sonninen@cc.lut.fi, rgg@aaii.oz.au and
elmroth@cd.chalmers.se.
There are #ifdefs for Linux and OSF in place now, let's hope they work...

This is only a minor version upgrade (patchlevel), so the changes
I've done are small and widespread;  mainly lots of minor bugfixes and
internal reprogramming.

Remember to report bugs and installation problems to me.

By the way, is crossfire becoming more _or_ less stable?

-Frank.