string library & maps (beta release)

 you could probably find source to strncasecmp and strftime in glibc (GNU's
c library).  Might have to dig through other source code.

 It strikes me that it would be that difficult of a task to write
strncasecmp from scratch.  Might not be epecially efficient.

 Maps:  I think what needs to be done (as I've said before) is determining
what is a good map and bad map (in a text file).  So then, you can just
look at the file, and 'check' off each one.  This way it becomes very clear
what is acceptable and what is not (there are many maps which if you play,
you know aren't very good.)  I think I've said this before.  If such
a file has been done, I would be intersted in seeing it (I'm not a map
creator myself, but could perhaps come up with a few suggestions..)

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net