BugFixes and a new crossloop.pl

"Eric A. Anderson" writes:
 > I've been trying to hunt down bugs.  Crossfire has an abundance of the
 > freeing memory and then referencing it bugs, which cause random
 > seeming crashes or just bizarre behavior.  I uploaded a patch which
 > fixes a few of these as eanders-diffs-26Mar93.
 > I also put a new version of crossloop.pl in the ifi.uio.no
 > crossfire/incoming directory.  It will keep the server up provided it
 > isn't crashing too often, will check to make sure crossfire isn't
 > dumping to much information to stdout/err, indication it's in a loop,
 > and will clean up lock files and tmp files after the server has
 > crashed.
I found a small bug in the patch to common/object.c.  Seems
that some of the maps we've made with crossedit won't load.
You got "Trying to split object who's map is not in memory"
a lot of times, then the server dies.  When I de-applied the
patch to common/object.c, everything works OK.

Eric,  I can provide you with a map that exhibits this problem
if you'd like a sample...

David J. Bianco 			"Just once I'd like to meet an alien
Old Dominion University			menace that isn't immune to bullets."
Dept of Computer Science		-- The Brigadier, Doctor Who
Norfolk VA 23529			      /\          |
<bianco@cs.odu.edu>			     /_/ /\ \/ | [|